Saturday, May 14, 2011

First stop LA...

During my 2 weeks of traveling the first stop I made was LA. I went to visit my family and celebrate passover. If there is one thing my grandma loves doing its shopping so I told her about this assignment and the next thing I know we are in the car driving down Melrose. 


These first 3 windows are from Monique Lhuillier. The second dress was absolutely stunning, I wish the picture was better quality but that dress was amazing.


Where: Monique Lhuillier, Los Angeles
When: April 2011
Idea: Butterflies and picture frames







Our second stop of the day was to my grandmas friends store, LA&Joe, this store is pretty new and looks like an industrial warehouse. There were two french doors into the store and thats it, no windows. The inside of the store was very open and the had cute displays for their jewelry as well as had art from locals on the wall for sale. (One of the locals is my grandma)

Where: La & Joe, Los Angeles
When: April 2011
Idea: Using tree branches to display jewelry


Our third stop of the day was to the Westside Pavilion. Most of the stores had very drab, unexciting windows however I did really like BCBG's.

Where: BCBG, Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles
When: April 2011
Idea: Photography


After a long day of shopping we headed over to Westfield Century City for dinner at the best Italian restaurant, Toscanova, and passed Betsey Johnson on the way. Her display was pretty simple yet funky and unique.

Where: Betsey Johnson, Westfield Century City, Los Angeles
When: April 2011
Idea: Funky make-up



Next stop Omaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment