Monday, May 16, 2011

Third stop Ames, Iowa...

I just wanted to take a moment and brag about my new school for a moment. The campus is absolutely beautiful! There is a lake (Lake LaVerne), home of two swans, the Campanile (which is played by a professor everyday at noon), fountains and beautiful architecture everywhere. What I loved is the amount of spirit and campus involvement. The weather was cloudy the day of the tour but rain or shine Iowa State University is undoubtedly a gorgeous school.


The memorial union: home to the student bookstore(which I hope to get a job in), bowling alley, food court, some offices, and visitors center.


The Campanile: Centrally located in the middle of campus, is one of the only non-mechanical ones left. It is played by hand every day at noon, during winter the professor will play the Harry Potter theme song, she even played Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" once. Very Impressive.


Pi Beta Phi: One of the many sororities on campus the majority of which our housed in mansions like this one. I plan on rushing at the beginning of the semester, I hope to get Pi Phi cause my cousin was one at UC Berkeley but I plan on rushing all of them and seeing where I fit in best. Going Greek is HUGE at ISU and I can't wait to participate in rush!

A newer dorm, the 3rd largest dorm in the nation, so big it has its own zip code.

The water tower, just another landmark on campus. I'm sure it would look prettier if the weather hadn't been so cloudy.

Inside one of the buildings, this is mainly offices for the president, dean, ext but some classes are located here as well.


The Campanile and the fountain of the four seasons (view from the front of the Memorial Union. Tradition says you aren't a true "Iowa Stater" unless you've been kissed under the Campanile. Cute traditions like helped make my decision to go to ISU.

The fountain and memorial union

The traditions, architecture, school spirit, and wonderful program all were contributing factors to my decisions, I would be lying if I said otherwise. All of these things "inspired" me to take that leap of faith to accept my offer and attend ISU in the fall. It's a HUGE life changing decision, especially given that I will be over 1000 miles away from home in a state where I know only one person. It will be an adjustment however, it will definitely be an exciting journey I am ready to take.


No comments:

Post a Comment