Monday, May 16, 2011

Second stop Omaha, Nebraska...

On my very long adventure to go visit Iowa State University the first stop I made was in Omaha, Nebraska. We had to fly in to Omaha and then spend 2.5 hours driving through literally nothing to get to Ames, Iowa home of the Iowa State Cyclones and my future home for the next 3 years. While we were in Omaha we decided to take advantage of our time there by roaming around the old market district and browse through their stores. I was very surprised at what I found, most of the stores were small businesses focused on local artists. The majority of the stores gave off a very bohemian/indy vibe, I even stumbled upon a store that sold belly dancing outfits and other interesting (to say the least) items. My favorite store had to be Nouvelle Eve, a more contemporary store selling bigger name brands along with a section of very nice gowns.


Where: Nouvelle Eve, Omaha, Nebraska
When: April 2011
Idea: large tissue paper flowers

(formal window)

(casual window)

No comments:

Post a Comment